Under the Copyright license held by the college, an educational institution may copy:
- 10% or one chapter of a separately published literary, dramatic or musical work (of more than 10 pages), such as a textbook.
- one article from a periodical publication, such as a newspaper, or more than one article if they relate to the same subject matter;
- the whole of a literary or dramatic work published in an anthology, such as a poem or play, if that work comprises no more than 15 pages of the anthology;
- the whole of an artistic work, such as a photograph or diagram, that accompanies or explains text copied;
- the whole of a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work that is not separately published;
- the whole of a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work that is not available within a reasonable time (6 months for textbooks and 30 days for other material) at an ordinary commercial price.
An institution may make as many copies as it requires for the educational purposes of the institution. The copies must not be sold for profit.
Students are required to keep within these copyright guidelines
Last modified: Friday, 23 October 2015, 10:01 AM